Disclaimer

Any thoughts written in this blog are entirely my own and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

It starts...

The time has come. I begin my Peace Corps journey tomorrow morning and I thought now was a good time to start a blog. This is my first time blogging, so apologies all around if my posts don’t meet your expectations. Regardless, I thought this would be a good way communicate with family, friends and also any future Peace Corps volunteers (PCV) out there who wants to get the inside scoop of life in Namibia.

Before I go any further, let me just go over what I will be doing in Africa for those of you who have no idea. I am about to head out to Namibia for 27 months to serve as a PCV. Much of what I’ll be doing there is still to be determined, however, I will be a Small Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Development (SEED) volunteer. This means that my job title will be Small Business Advisor and/or Entrepreneurship Teacher Trainer. My tasks and duties are still unknown but I’m sure I will have a much better idea of what I’ve gotten myself into in the coming weeks.

The next couple of days are going to involve quite a bit of traveling. Tomorrow, I’ll be getting a train to Philadelphia for staging, which is a brief orientation for us PC newbies. Then, we’ll be busing to New York during the wee hours of Tuesday morning and then flying to Windhoek via Johannesburg. That rounds up to about 21 hours of traveling, excluding the long layovers!

Anyways, I must continue to pack and get some shut-eye before the big day tomorrow.
Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment